Saturday, December 12, 2009

My Little Reindeer

"Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord, the fruit of the womb a reward." Psalms 127:3


Today was Brooke's first dance recital. I have been looking forward to this for a few months --- each day getting closer, the more anxious I was to see my baby girl on stage dancing & tapping.

We shared this day with my wonderful mother in law, Angel, my Grandparents, my nephew and our great friends, Brooke's godparents - Ronnie & Kelly. We arrived about 45 minutes early and I'm glad we did. The auditorium had already started filling up. We had 8 people in our group and finding a row that wasn't already full, was a mission. We did it though, thank goodness! This year the theme was "Twas the Night Before Christmas" with a spin on it - little verses about Mrs. Kristie's dance program. They had two narrators and about 8 different routines. She offers tap/ballet, competition, jazz, and tumbling classes - each being represented today.

Brooke's part was the fourth routine. They pranced out on stage - all blonde bouncy hair and one sweet red head. The girls wore reindeer antlers with jingle bells on them - noses all painted red. They wore their black leotards with white tights and their red dance tees and tap shoes. My heart melted as I watched her dancing, singing, and smiling on that stage. I've never felt so proud in my entire life. It was incredible. My eyes welled up with tears and I felt more peace than I ever have. She is my miracle child - my heart, my world.

I am reminded that I am beyond blessed- the Lord has given me a purpose in this life and that purpose is to raise my daughter to be like Him. I want her to learn compassion & appreciation, truth & honesty, a heart that gives, hands that serve, and a spirit that praises Him and all His wonders. If I do that, then I will feel more than accomplished :)

Here are some pictures from her recital. Enjoy!








































No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers