Sunday, December 13, 2009

Magical Moments

"The universe is full of magical things, patiently waiting for our wits to grow sharper."


We took Brooke to The Grand Opera House to her first viewing of The Nutcracker this afternoon. Talk about a magical moment! She was in complete awe at all of the dancers, the beautiful auditorium, the music, and the people around her. She did so well too! She sat in my lap the whole time - otherwise she would have never been able to see the performance, being so little and all. A time or two I had to put her hands down because she started mimicking the sugar plum faeries and snowflake princesses. Her enthusiasm was endearing.

Brooke thought on the way there that we were taking her to another recital of sorts. She told us several times that she was going to 'dance with the dancers'. It took until the very last minute when the lights died down and the music to begin, for her to realize that she would be watching instead of participating. Her eyes widened, the smile across her face was infectious as I watched my little girl enjoying her first live theater experience.

Who knows? Maybe one day we will be driving there to watch her 'dance with the dancers' as well. Until then ... I'm off to spend the rest of the weekend with my amazing family. Enjoy a few pictures from our afternoon :)












2 comments:

  1. What a great experience for Brooke!! I seriously cannot wait until Laurel is old enough to go see the Nutcracker; I know I will have as much fun as her. I love to watch Laurel experience new things. I think it is too cute that she thought she was dancing in it; what a sweetie!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is too cute for words!! I'm glad you guys had a great time!!

    ReplyDelete

Followers