Saturday, December 5, 2009

And Just When I Thought ...

"God will not permit any troubles to come upon us; unless He has a specific plan by which great blessings can come out of the difficulty." ~ Peter Marshall




Just when I thought that there was no hope - God stepped in and proved differently. The last week was one of the most emotional weeks I've gone through in a very long time. I made myself believe that there were obviously bigger reasons & plans for us. I was preparing myself to come to peace with the inferility issues. I sought faith but I would be lying if I said that I truly gave in and put 100% faith and hope into my outcome. I worried, nonstop. I didn't sleep - eating was even difficult. I know now that I can't sit on the fence; if I'm going to do something I need to do it wholeheartedly and 100%.


So Thursday afternoon rolls around FINALLY and I make it to my appointment. I have been talking to God nonstop throughout this process - especially while in my car when I'm by myself. On the way to the appointment I told Him that I didn't expect anything miraculous and I would try to understand. I, then, asked for that one good size follicle one last time and went in.

Drum roll please .....

One of the eggs on my left ovary grew to almost 20!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The other didn't grow but only by 1 mm to a 15. But we had one good one and that's all I needed. Dr Evans said the chances of the other egg growing by the time I ovulated was pretty good - so who knows how many I will release? Hmmmm. (Secretly smiles) We both smiled and hugged. I was soooo happy. Tears of happiness welled up in my eyes and I thanked God.

A nurse came in to give me the HCG trigger shot that would help make the eggs release without problem in 24-36 hours. She told me about her story. She had to do fertility treatments as well with her first 2 children but the last two children were surprises.

I text Jr and played a trick on him. I told him that the egg was only 15mm. I then immediately text that the other one was almost 20mm.

So the longest two week wait of all time has officially started :) Let's pray that we did everything we needed to and hopefully as we get closer to Christmas, we'll have good news.

God is amazing - He works wonders when things seem hopeless. He holds our hands when times get tough and His promises are mighty. I am so grateful that my relationship with Him has strengthen during this journey.


4 comments:

Followers