Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Holiday Schomorgesborg

"Years end is neither an end nor a beginning, but a going on , with all the wisdom that experience can instill in us." ~ Hal Borland







Wow! I can't believe that Christmas has come & gone! It barely feels like it stopped through long enough for a short visit and then was out before I could open my eyes. We certainly had a wonderful one despite my poor Jr being sick Christmas day. Brooke was spoiled beyond reasoning but I'm grateful that she does understand the true meaning behind this wonderful holiday event - she woke up that morning saying "Happy Birthday Jesus." She threw on her purple dress up heels and clunked her way through the hallway with Mommy & Daddy in tow - when she got to the living room, her jaw dropped and she stood in disbelief at what she saw lying beneath the tree. The scene was priceless and I will always remember the look of utter shock and excitement on my baby girl's face in that moment of innocence. Brooke & I spent the day with my grandparents, mom, sister & her family and Bubba and his family as well. Jr, poor guy, spent it at home resting. I really felt like a piece of me was missing - corney I know but I couldn't really enjoy myself completely over there without him. It was kind of noticable and my mother commented on the miserable look on my face. I'm happy to say he is feeling much better now and I managed not to get it! Must be the prenatal vitamins and other herbal supplements I'm on :)



Here are some pics from our Christmas day & a Christmas party at my grandparents house:










































Along with Christmas flying by so fast - another year has managed to come & go even more quickly. I have a handful of things that I am anticipating in 2010. I decided to make a list - one of my favorite things to do by the way :)


- Strengthening my relationship with God

- Brooke starting Pre-K. Bittersweet.

- Celebrating being with Jr for 10 years

- Hopefully (fingers crossed) Baby Coleman #2

- New friendships blossoming

- Starting my book - it's been four months since Jr bought me my laptop. Need to put it to use.

- March of Dimes walk in April

- Dear John movie in February

- Reading new books

- Florida!

- Brooke's formal dance recital in June

- All the little unknown joys that will surprise me when I least expect it.


I am undecided whether or not I will make any resolutions this year. I always manage to disappoint myself within a couple of months anyways. A New Years resolution is something that goes in one year and out the other. Haha If I did - I'm NOT adding weightloss on it AGAIN for the 100th time. It would be more like building my relationship with Jr, blogging more, praying more, finding my creative niche, worry less, love more, and teach Brooke lessons that will enlighten her life.


With that being said - I'm off to read The Last Song and cuddle in bed with Brooke. G'night all!








No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers