Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Oh let's just do a top 10 while we're at it ...

It's been a while since I've been faced with the not-so-favorable responses to my infertility from my friends and family members. I am now reminded of the insincerity and thoughtless comments that in the end, kind of sting a little, if I must say so myself.

I decided I would share a few, perhaps make a top 10 list - like my good ol' friend David Letterman, of the most common & idiotic things people should never say to women who are struggling while TTC -

10 -"Oh my husband looks at me & I instantly get pregnant." (Ouch - maybe Jr should try putting on his superpower goggles now????)

9 -"You're stressing too much. Quit thinking about it & relax; it will 'just happen' " (Yeah because having PCOS is just a mind over matter disease, eh?)

8-"(((Insert senseless advice))) Always worked for me." (I'm sure if I've read or heard of it, I've already tried it and well it isn't working for me!)

7-"Have you considered adoption yet?" (I'm all for adoption, don't get me wrong, but my pockets, well they aren't exactly that deep.)

6-"You don't know how lucky you are to only have ONE kid - more than that, is just a handful!" (And you don't know how lucky you are to have that more than one kid "problem")

5-"Maybe you're not "doing it" right." (I'm no expert, but just know that is not even half of an issue ;o) Sorry loving family who is reading this. LOL)

4-"You're young - you have plenty of time." (Time is just an evil word.)

3-"What's meant to be, is meant to be." (Ya think? Take something you want more than anything in the universe & can't make it happen - still giving the same worn out advice?! Didn't think so.)

2-"Shedding a few pounds would work wonders for you!" (And fixing the ugly on your face, would probably help your ugly attitude. )

And the number one *duh* response of all time - "Maybe this is God's way of slowing down the earth's population? Kind of deep - but you know what I'm saying?"

Uhm no I don't "know what you're saying" - I do know, however, you are short a few marbles.

/rant.

2 comments:

  1. I hear #9 way too much and its so annoying!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! Some people have got to just learn to keep their mouths shut...not everyone wants to hear every little thought they have running through their mind!

    Oh and I love your background. Great minds DO think alike!!

    ReplyDelete

Followers